by Robert John Stevens, July 24, 2017
Submitted online to both President Trump and Senator Mike Lee
Dear Mr President,
If you want the public to put pressure on their representatives to abandon Obamacare then present them information that persuades. Please consider my plan:
1. Take the top 50 reasons people go to doctors, tell the American people the average cost of each visit, how much is spent on the doctors’ administrative staffs, absorbed by the insurance companies and how much the doctor actually receives. Do the same for the top 50 surgeries.
For example, I know a local marriage therapist who charges $90 an hour but after the insurance companies take their cut, he only receives $9. Americans would be shocked to learn that as I was.
2. Show the American people how much they’d save if they could bypass all that bureaucracy in terms of top-selling items they want.
3. Tell the American people the truth that pleases the human Spirit–that the federal government has no business managing health care and must give it up. If states want to act as incubators and experiment with programs, let them or totally return the power to the people.
Robert John Stevens
And history teaches us that when we don’t know how to solve a problem, the best thing to do is to experiment. We should test different ideas through a cooperative, bottom-up, trial-and-error process rather than imposing top-down, partisan power-plays that disrupt the lives of hundreds of millions of people at a time. — Senator Mike Lee
by Robert John Stevens, December 1, 2016
For President-Elect Donald Trump to abolish Obamacare, a new plan cannot play in the same health insurance playground:
1. To win, stop calling it health insurance. A better and more descriptive replacement name is free-market shared medical costs.
We reduced our family health insurance from $1,800 to just $440 a month with Liberty HealthShare. Their website says, “Liberty HealthShare℠ is not insurance. It simply unites like-minded Americans to share medical costs together.”
In 1995 we paid $300 a month for health insurance which was affordable for me to be an entrepreneur. Fees increased steadily and at the peak we paid $1,800 each month. After discovering doctors give big discounts for cash, we went without health insurance for months until the Obamacare premiums became to expensive.
2. Declare the proper role of government is not to be in the healthcare or health insurance business. Neither power was delegated to the federal government in the U.S. Constitution.
3. Increase penalties for fraud.
Liberty Health Share is easy. We submit our bills. They send us checks in the mail. We’ve done it for about 18 months. It works great. Without it I couldn’t remain an entrepreneur.